Saturday, March 26, 2011

Haiti, Part Deux

After a very long day of traveling, here I sit, back in Port-Au-Prince Haiti. Quite surreal. It's amazing the difference that a year makes, but funny how it all feels familiar, as if I never left. The heat, the food, the people, the contrast. It's all so overwhelming. You look around and although you know that it's real, you don't want to believe it. You don't want to believe that this is the life millions of people lead. Living in tents, on the side of the "road." Poverty is a difficult concept to comprehend. I sit here with a great deal of anticipation and anxiety for the next 10 days. Excited to begin working on the several projects we've set for ourselves, but scared knowing that I have none of the familiarities of home. I have to rely on my own instincts, my knowledge, and my abilities, none of which have ever been my strong point. It's difficult for me not to internalize too much what I see and the many emotions I feel while I'm here. I know it will once again be an amazing experience.

1 comment:

  1. Your own instincts, knowledge and abilities are all you need. Trust them because your'e smart and wonderful and you can do it!

    ReplyDelete