Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happiness is a State of Mind

I stole this idea from a friends blog, but I loved the concept and thought that I needed to be reminded about those things in my life that bring me true happiness. And as I was contemplating my list the rather obvious thought struck me that it truly is the small things in life that make us truly happy and make everything else worthwhile.

Trisyn's Top 10 List of things that make her TRULY happy....

1. Getting up at dawn while camping and watching my dad and grandpa build a fire together.
2. Seeing my nieces and nephew smile.
3. Reading a book from cover to cover in one day.
4. The adrenaline rush I feel when watching my favorite sports.
5. Laughing uncontrollably with my little sister and then discovering we have no idea what we started laughing about in the first place.
6. Getting up early and talking to my mom because we're the only ones awake.
7. Seeing my grandparents hold hands.
8. The smell of a brand new book, especially if it's leather bound.
9. Listening to music while I'm in the shower.
10. The smell of the rain and the way the sky looks during a storm.

1 comment:

  1. I love your list! If we can always remember these wonderful blessings in our life and stop focusing on the negative! Thanks for the reminder, I'll make my list too!

    ReplyDelete