Sunday, May 16, 2010

I Left My Heart in San Francisco


Two weeks ago I took a much needed vacation to San Francisco with my friend Lindsey. It was incredible. This city is so fascinating and brilliant. I love that it is built so differently from other cities across the earth. The big, sloping hills make it very unique. We did all of the "touristy" activities. Pier 39 and Fisherman's Warf were great. Fantastic shopping (3 pairs of shoes!) was had in Union square, where our hotel was located. We took in a baseball game and saw a production of Wicked. So many things to do and so little time to do it in. San Francisco is definitely a place I could see myself living.

I've discovered I'm a versatile girl. I absolutely love waking up to the sounds of the city already bustling with activity and walking outside to skyscrapers and people running here and there. However, I get a similar happiness with waking and walking outside to a sunrise unblemished by big buildings, without a soul in sight. Things so quiet you can hear your own heart beat. Which is better and where should I go? For now I'll leave it to chance.

1 comment: