Sunday, June 6, 2010

Let the Danger Begin

I've never considered myself a rich person in monetary terms, lets face it, neither does the government. However, in terms of those things in life that really count, I'm one of the richest people in the world. I have an incredible family who loves and supports me. I've had an education and now have a career and am able to support myself. I have a roof over my head, food to eat, books to read, and amazing shoes to wear, all that a girl could ever ask for. I've had my share of trials and tribulations, but I've never had endure the immense tragedy of living in a poverty stricken third world country or had to endure the turmoil a natural disaster can impart on a life. My friend Lesly has. I call him my friend even though I only knew him for a little over a week, but that is enough time for you to get to know someone's heart and spirit, and Lesly's are amazing. Lesly is attempting to come to the United States to receive a higher education and my AMAZING friend Brooke and her husband are helping him. The immense response and support they have had already reminds me that there is kindness and love in this world, because I forget. If you are interested in donating to Lesly's education visit this website:

http://www.dayfordanger.blogspot.com/

Or you can find more info on facebook, or just ask me! Brooke and her amazing organization skills has calculated that it will be approximately $25 for Lesly to attend school. If you do not feel comfortable donating through the website let me know, and you don't have to do $25, every little bit counts, it really does! Email me with questions @ trist513@hotmail.com

This picture is absolutely horrible of me, but so fantastic of Lesly so I'm sacrificing my vanity so that you all may know him!

No comments:

Post a Comment