Friday, November 25, 2011

Give Thanks


In the true spirit of doing what everyone else is doing, I thought I'd post about those things that I am grateful for this holiday season. For the first time in almost 5 years I was able to spend Thanksgiving with my family. I've either had to work or they have gone out of town and I was unable to go with them. Not only did I get to spend Thanksgiving with my family but I had 2 Thanksgivings! So over the course of this past week I've had m
any opportunities to see the very many blessings that I have and those things that I am incredibly thankful for. So without further ado....

I am incredibly thankful for my job. I know I complain....at times I complain a lot! But I'm truly thankful that every day I get to do something that I love and grateful that I even have a job in a time where many are struggling to find work and provide for themselves and their family. I've pretty much always knows I wanted to be a nurse and I can not imagine doing anything else.

On that note, I'm very grateful for my health. Everyday I see people at their worst. They are sick and vulnerable. I see people struggling with chronic diseases, terminal diseases, and even simple health problems that are not permanent. I'm not in perfect health and I'm definitely not in great shape, but I'm healthy and that is truly somethi
ng to be thankful for.

I'm thankful for books. I know this one is cheesy but it's me. I love to read, literally LOVE to read. If I had to choose only one thing that I could do for the rest of my life I would read. I can't bare the thought of not reading. And the dying breed of bookstores brings an ache to my heart. But I am indeed thankful for books. They bring great joy to my life and I feel incredi
bly lucky to know that I have something that makes me so happy.


This one may sound silly, but I'm thankful that I'm single right now. I want more than anything to become a wife and mother and as hard as it is to believe, I have faith that someday I will. But I've also learned to be thankful for the experiences I've had and things that I have learned because I am single, things I could have not learned and experiences I could not have had otherwise. I've learned to love and live every day. I don't do it perfectly, but I do it and I try to love it.

Last but certainly not least, I am indeed incredibly thankful for my family and friends. The people in my life I am closest to and those people who support me through everything. I have had a really rough couple of months but my family and those close friends have supported me and loved me through everything. I know how much I am loved and that means more than anything ever possibly could.

And there you have it, a serious and sentimental post. One of very few that you will behold from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment