Monday, February 9, 2009

OdeTo The Shoe Gods


If there were anything "girly" about me, it is the intense love affair that I have with shoes. I LOVE them. Some would call it an obsessive love really. We're talking Carrie Bradshaw obsessive. Not many people are aware of this obsession, I keep it hidden very well. But just between you and me, I often go to Nordstroms or any place that sells shoes and just walk around and try on shoes. You would never know however that I harbor this intense obsession, because as strong as the love I have for shoes is, the rational and practical side that dominates my psyche is slightly stronger. I am such a rational person that when I see the price of a pair of shoes that I have fallen in love with, I remind myself over and over again what a ridiculous thing it is to spend that kind of money on something so impractical. In my line of work and the day to day bustle of my life, I have to wear practical, comfortable shoes like tennis shoes. You simply cannot work a 12 hour shift running around taking care of patients in a pair of brilliantly blue Manolo Blahniks. So unfortunately, I very rarely purchase a pair of shoes I truly love simply because I cannot bare to look at a lonely, beautiful pair of shoes in my closet that does not get it's fair share of time on my feet. Today was not one of those days. While I did express a certain amount of personal restraint, I also caved to an impetuous feeling, something I very very rarely do. But this was love at first sight, and love at first sight simply cannot be ignored. The second I laid eyes on this pair of shoes, I knew I had to have them! A pair of chocolate colored high wedge BCBGirls size 9 just waiting for me to slip my slender foot right into them. It was definitely magic! So today I purchased just a little bit of heaven and brought them home and wore them around my apartment for as long as my cold toes could handle it! I believe every girl should know this feeling, and if you haven't bought a pair in awhile, go!

5 comments:

  1. Since you are encourageing me to endulge in my love of shoes... does this mean you will be contributing to the newest pair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tristyn. We have a new thread to tie our friendship with. I want Manolos. I want to go shoe shopping with you. And have long discussions about the beautiful things...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em~
    I am so up for that it's insane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smokin hot shoes! I LUV them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we are so related. i knew our parent did something right when they alowed us to have the fab fedish with shoes. they are the love of my life (sorry Adam). i just need that mall therapy every so often. Shoe are alway the cure to a really bad day. thanks for this post it warmed my heart.

    ReplyDelete