Monday, February 2, 2009

"STRAIT MONDAYS"

If you know me you know my love for George Strait runs deep and spans a couple of decades(the couple I've been alive!). He gave me many of my "firsts" when it comes to music. The first concert I ever went to was George Strait and the first CD I ever owned was George Strait. My favorite song is a George Strait song. He holds a special place in my heart. In preparation for seeing him in July, at the beginning of the year I initiated what I like to call "Strait Mondays." For about 4 Mondays now I have listened to nothing but George Strait and I love every minute of it. And so, for this week's playlist I have compiled a list of some of my favorite George songs, although they are all amazing! For those of you who do not like country music, I respect that, but I urge you to not pass to harsh a judgment until you've listened, and I mean really listened, to some classic George. There is a reason why he has more #1 hits than any other recording artist in history, that includes Elvis and The Beatles.
  1. "Baby's Gotten Good At Goodbye"
  2. "I Cross My Heart"
  3. "Baby Blue"
  4. "Blue Clear Sky"
  5. "Nobody In His Right Mind Would've Left Her"
  6. "Wrapped"
  7. "She Let Herself Go"
  8. "A Better Rain"
  9. "It Just Comes Natural"
  10. "If It's Gonna Rain"
  11. "Run"
  12. "Carrying Your Love With Me"
  13. "I Can Still Make Cheyenne"
  14. "Carried Away"
  15. "How 'Bout Them Cowgirls"
  16. "Famous Last Words Of A Fool"
  17. "Ocean Front Property"
  18. "Desperately"
  19. "Give Me More Time"
  20. "Chill Of An Early Fall"
  21. "The Man In Love With You"
  22. "You Look So Good In Love"
  23. "King Of Broken Hearts"
  24. "I Ain't Her Cowboy Anymore"
  25. "A Heart Like Hers"
Now this is just barely scratching the surface, there's so much more wonderfulness out there! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment