Saturday, January 31, 2009

THE TIME HAS COME....

TO CHOOSE A SIDE



SUPER BOWL XLIII


As many of you well know, I am a HUGE Indianapolis Colts fan. I love them, and I love Peyton Manning. If I were to ever find a man that mirrored him in any way, I would marry him on the spot. And so, as you can imagine, I was devistated when they lost to the San Diego Chargers in the first round of the playoffs. I have since reconciled with myself and have thoroughly enjoyed being an impartial spectator of the playoffs. However, now that we are on the eve of the Super Bowl, I feel it is time for me to pick a team to back. It has been a struggle. Do I cheer for the underdogs who have made such an impressive showing here in the postseason? With their seemingly growing momentum and, in my opinion, the better quaterback and offense, do I root for the Cardinals? Or do I go with experience and a defense that has dominated throughout the season and back the Steelers? Well, one side of the ball influenced my decision more than the other. In a scene from a favorite movie of mine, the USC women's basketball coach urges her team to "get lower" while doing defensive drills telling them that "Offense sells tickets, defense wins games." And, I fully believe that if Peyton Manning had had the Steelers defensive line, the Colts could have dominated the league once again. And so, in all their defensive glory, I have decided to back the Steelers in the upcoming superbowl. I do so hope for an exciting and worthwhile game however and fully intend on enjoying every minute of this wonderful 2008-2009 NFL season finale!

3 comments:

  1. I love that movie!!!... I think I will watch it now! But I agree... the colts need to work on their defense! I'm still not sure... I think I will just stay neutral

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tristan, Welcome to the blogging world!!! I have to say, this is a sweet website. I am a huge Colts fan and was disappointed they did not make it to the bowl. I had a really hard time picking sides this year and ended up remaining neutral. STEELERS WON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tizzle. I was all for the Cardinals I'm disappointed we don't agree here. Booo. It was a good game though. Who can forget a 100yd interception??!
    I have stories for you tomorrow at school. Hahah. Stories.

    ReplyDelete