Wednesday, January 28, 2009

CLASH OF THE ACC TITANS






VS.






Tonight in Winston-Salem, North Carolina two of college basketball's powerhouses will meet in what is sure to produce intense feelings of euphoria. The Wake Forest Demon Deacons vs. the Duke Blue Devils! Now I have been a Duke basketball fan since approximately my high school days. Whether it's Coach K and his amazing ability to take a team and mold them into an outstanding squad that they would otherwise not have been or the fact that they remain year after year a college basketball force to be reckoned with I cannot say, all I know is I love to watch them play. For the past two years I have become a fan of Wake Forest, due in large part to the, shall we say, enthusiastic friendship my sister has with #23 James Johnson, who played high school ball in Wyoming, and you cannot help but root for the hometown hero. They have been quite impressive this year, rising from a preseason ranking of #24 to the coveted spot of #1, a further climb than any other team has yet to accomplish. And so, as these two teams collide, I find myself torn. Who do I cheer for? Well I have decided to remain impartial. I shall leave this one up to the Gods and pray that an amazing game ensues. May the best underworld being win, may it be a Demon Deacon or a Blue Devil!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Tristyn! Your post made me actually want to watch basketball! :)...that says a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no words... yes that is right I am speechless. I too am so very torn and I'm sure I will be found in my room dead in the morning of a myocardial infarction or simply a blood clot in my brain from lack of oxygen because yes I will probably be holding my breath the entire game!!

    ReplyDelete