Monday, January 26, 2009

As my first(well sort of) post ever, I've decided to do something on one of my favorite things, music. One of the new features of iTunes is the "Genius" feature. And yes, I will admit it, it is freakin' awesome! I'm one of those people, which I think many are, that is usually listening to music that epitomizes the mood I am in at that moment in time. And if you're like me, you have an amazing library of millions of songs, and yes, it's a little annoying to skip through those millions of songs to find the next one that suits you perfectly in that moment. Well guess what?!?! Genius does it for you. Oh yes, I'm serious. So this morning, after a very trying week, I woke up not ready for a new one to begin. This last week I have been a little sad, depressed, and even a little hopeless. I pulled up my iTunes and going against my newly initiated "Strait Mondays" searched for a song to listen to. I began with "4 Minutes(feat. Justing Timberlake & Timbaland)" by Madonna. The main reason I chose this song was because it was energetic and had a good beat to get me going. Well I let my scroller ease on over to the Genius button and it created this playlist. Ironically enough, it wasn't necessarily what I was going for, but it was perfect. What I pulled from this playlist is a message of hope and pushing forward. Even the slow, "sad" songs have a message of picking yourself up and continuing with force. Very "un-Tristyn-like" I know, but hey, I was happy! So without further adu, here is this weeks' playlist, hope you all enjoy!
  1. "4 Minutes(feat. Justing Timberlake & Timbaland)" by Madonna
  2. "All You Need Is Love" by The Beatles
  3. "Blackbird" by The Beatles
  4. "I Don't Wanna Be In Love(Dance Floor Anthem" by Good Charlotte
  5. "God Only Knows" by The Beach Boys
  6. "Dreaming With A Broken Heart" by John Mayer
  7. "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz
  8. "Hands Open" by Snow Patrol
  9. "Yesterday" by The Beatles
  10. "Bleeding Love" by Leona Lewis
  11. "Stop and Stare" by OneRepublic
  12. "Realize" by Colbie Caillat
  13. "Into the Night(feat. Chad Kroeger)" by Santana
  14. "Almost Lover" by A Fine Frenzy
  15. "On Call" by Kings of Leon
  16. "I Want To Hold Your Hand" by The Beach Boys
  17. "Megalomaniac" by Incubus
  18. "Screaming Infidelities" by Dashboard Confessional
  19. "December" by Collective Soul
  20. "Viva la Vida" by Coldplay
  21. "Warkick Avenue" by Duffy
  22. "Let It Be" by The Beatles
  23. "Open Your Eyes" by Snow Patrol
  24. "Stockholm Syndrome" by Muse
  25. "Beat It(feat. John Mayer) by Fall Out Boy

3 comments:

  1. So, I love the new post... I love the "Genius" feature. In fact, I don't know that I could live without it now. It creates the "perfect" playlist if you will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. some good stuff in the playlist...not so sure about the one republic...ewwwww =)

    -Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great list! I have an ipod, but I don't really know how to use it! Jason just put music on it for me and I just let it go! I guess I need to do some research! I need some music to get me going today too, the weather is really crappy and I'm stuck inside!

    ReplyDelete