Thursday, February 26, 2009

S-I-S-T-E-R

My mother used to tell me that someday my sister would not annoy me so much and that we'd be fantastic friends and that I would even possibly miss her. My sister and I used to fight like, well.....SISTERS! I used to get so angry with her for stealing my clothes or my hair supplies. I would get insanely upset when she broke or lost something of mine that I considered to be priceless. And while she actually continues to do these things, somehow they aren't so annoying and frustrating. As most of us are probably painfully aware, mom usually tends to be right. Well in this case she was spot on. I love my sister with all my heart. She is my best friend and I could not imagine a world without her. Although we talk about every day, we do not get to see each other that often. And so you can imagine my excitement when we were finally able to get together yesterday and "play." It had been about a month since we had seen each other, so it was long over due. When my sister and I are together we tend to be a little....shall we say, animated! We laugh so much it's inevitable that one, or both, of us pees just a little! This little visit was much needed by myself. I've had a rough couple of weeks and really needed a long day of laughing. And while my little sister tends to be a little impetuous, irrational, immature, and the most stubborn person I have ever met, I love her and love everything about her. And so, I have compiled a list of the top 10 things I love about my little sister! For those of you who know her, I hope you love her as much as I do!
  1. I love her insatiable excitement for life.
  2. I love her seemingly unending amount of energy.
  3. Although I hate it, I love the fact that she continually wants to hug me!
  4. I love her deep love of the wide world of sports.
  5. I love her very extroverted personality.
  6. I love her booty!
  7. Although her taste is often questionable, I love that she loves movies and music as much as I do.
  8. I love that she is willing to try just about anything.
  9. I love how focused she is about her career goals.
  10. And I LOVE that she LOVES ME!!!

3 comments:

  1. This makes me wish I had a sister. I have 2 brothers and a really busy mom. I wish I had a close relationship like that with another female.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on the other end of the spectrum. My sister is older and I was the one steeling and breaking all of her stuff way back when. Now she is my best friend and mentor. It is awesome that you are so close to your sister. By the way... I love your blog, You are a great writer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Brit! Eat that Nathan Straight huh?!

    ReplyDelete