Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I Wanna Be A Rockstar!




I love music. There is nothing like turning on your iPod, or the radio, or Pandora, and just listening to good music for hours upon hours. There is something very.....soulful, about it. Almost like reading a book, it can take to a place completely apart from where you presently are. This is one of my favorite things about music. This summer I've taken the time to attend some concerts and immerse myself in on the things that I love most. Most recently it was some serious Rock! I love rock concerts. The energy is always exploding, people jumping around and screaming, and just generally having a good time! Last Wednesday, my sister and my dear cousins and I attended "Wednesdays Rock" at the Gallivan Center in Salt Lake City. Drop Dead Julio and 12 Stones were the invited guests. I'm familiar with the music of 12 Stones and definitely enjoy it. I've never heard of Drop Dead Julio. We had an awesome time! You know it's been a good concert when you enter without knowing a single, or very few, of the bands material, and leave having had a "Rockstar" experience. When the band can make you jump and scream and have an amazing time when you don't even know their stuff, you know it's been a good night! (Apart from Johnny Polo, who incidentally appears at every concert, everywhere!)

1 comment: