Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Here We Go.......

“Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.” 
 J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Ahhh...Adventure....it's good for the soul. At least it's good for mine!  My thoughts are you can find adventure in any form, all you must do is simply look.  Just a couple of weeks ago my 4-year-old niece, after a full fun-filled day at the water park, remarked, "This is the best day ever!" And so it was.  Well, if there IS any kind of consensus on what an adventure looks like, I suppose I'm about to embark on the quintessential adventure.  Thailand and India, a full 3ish weeks.  Wow.... This is, actually, the longest trip I've ever taken.  Most of excursions last at most 10 days.  But here I am, sitting in the San Francisco airport, thinking about the next 24 hours....all of which includes airports and airplanes and cramped spaces.  But after that's all said and done....there you have it. Adventure. With all the traveling I do, I actually haven't been anywhere new in quite some time.  To say this place is new, is a bit of an understatement. But I'm excited, and a bit nervous of course.  But that good nervous, when you know it's going to be fabulous, even the not-so-fabulous stuff will still be fun and exciting. 

It's painfully obvious I'm not so fantastic at this whole blogging thing, as evidenced by the two posts out of 10 posts from my Guatemala trip.  But I'll do my best, as I've promised my grandma that I would :D So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment