Friday, August 16, 2013

Well I survived my first day of authentic Thai food and nothing bad has happened yet, as in, I haven't had to use an epi pen!  A great accomplishment I believe!  Although 24 hours down and I'm pretty sure I'm just a tad dehydrated.  Need to push that water.  The heat, or more precisely the humidity, isn't quite as bad as I anticipated, but it's definitely not great either.  Now I know why I don't live in the southeastern US.  No thank you.  Today I'm exhausted, to say the least.  Of course between "jet lag" and my own insomniac issues I did not sleep well last night.  We arrived at our hotel around 3am and I think I feel asleep around 4 and woke around 6:30. Even after over 36 hours of traveling, my body resisted.  So I should be able to sleep tonight, I hope.  Right now we are in Krabi, which is in the souther part of Thailand.  One word, beaches! Gonna take some boat tours tomorrow, hang out in the sun.  Looking pretty forward to it.

Today we just walked around Bangkok a bit.  Really it's just like any other big city.  Noisy, lots of traffic, lots of people.  Stinky.  I don't know that it's really sank in that I'm actually in Thailand.  Hopefully tomorrow will change my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment